Welcome to the Oak Hollow PGA Junior League
2020 is gone and 2021 brings new excitement for Oak Hollow Golf Course. Therefore, we are joining the over 5,000 plus teams that participated in the PGA Junior League last season by bringing the program to our course.
PGA Jr. league is designed to bring a “Little League” atmosphere to the game of golf. It provides a structured league environment for young golfers to compete and have FUN!
This is a great way to get, and keep, kids involved in the game.
PGA Jr. League is shifting the perception of youth golf and the way the game is learned and played. The program brings family and friends together around fun, team golf experiences with expert coaching and instruction from PGA Professionals. It’s a game changer! We are excited to offer the PGA Junior League at Oak Hollow Golf Course!
Oak Hollow’s PGA Jr. League program is open to boys and girls ages 13 and under of all skill levels – no golf experience required! Kids will learn the game and enjoy relaxed competition in a two-person scramble format that encourages mentorship, builds confidence and teaches sportsmanship.
Click here to learn what the PGA Jr. League is about.
Safety is our Number 1 Priority
Things are a little different. Safety is our main goal. We will follow social distancing guidelines closely and have an 8-1 instructor ratio to spread out the junior golfers
Last June, in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, PGA Junior League released its 2021 Program Guidelines. Under the guidance of medical advisors and in alignment with the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), our intent is to conduct the program in the most responsible manner possible. Our facility continues to abide by guidelines put forth by local and state health authorities. COVID-19 concerns prompts us to want an in-house league. Our captain’s would love have our junior league teams play against each other here at Oak Hollow Golf Course.
What does it cost?
The program fee is for PGA Jr. League at Oak Hollow Golf Course is $250
$75 PGA Reach fee is due upon registration online through the PGA Portal. $175 should be paid to the player’s captain.
The PGA of America, along with Dick’s Sporting Good are making scholarship available for those that need some assistance. If golf clubs are needed, Oak Hollow will provide golf clubs to our participants.
What do I receive?
Each PGA Jr. League participant will receive:
- Two high-quality team jerseys; one orange and one blue (for home and away games). Jerseys are available in boys and girls sizes and customizable with our team name and player’s chosen jersey number!
- Hats, bag tag, stickers, drawstring bag and game guide.
- Team practices and a Junior League Free Range Ball Pass for participants for the League Season
- Regular season matches
- There is an opportunity to advance to all-star teams for postseason.
- Fun and recreational 2-player scramble format for players 13 and under of all skill levels
- Advanced skills are not required
- If your child can drive, chip or putt….we have a role for them on our JLG team
- All participates get to play in every competition they attend
- Ideal team make up is four novices, four average and four above average players
- Participants wear numbered jerseys and play on teams with their friends versus individual competition
- Each team is captained by a PGA Professional, who serves as the coach
- Teams play five nine-hole matches in a popular two-person scramble format, reinforcing the team
- Coaches substitute players every three holes to ensure all the golfers can participate
Here is the Schedule
March 15 Parent Orientation Meeting @ 5:45pm
April 24 Junior League Kick-Off Party @ 10:00am
All Practices will begin @ 5:00pm. Each will be on a Thursday or Friday. The sessions will be approximately 1 hour 15 minutes
All Games will be 9 holes on Sundays. Games 1 – 4 will start @ 3:00pm, Game 5 @ 2:00pm
|April 30||May 16|
|May 7||May 23|
|May 20||June 13|
|May 27||June 27|
|June 11||July 18*|
*Game Five and End of the Year Party
It will feature the PGA Family Cup. This takes your PGA Jr. League spectators from the sidelines to playing together as a team on the course. Think moms, dads, grandparents, aunts, uncles, children… playing together on the same team.
Stay tuned for more information on the PGA Family Cup
How Can I Help?
You can get involved with our PGA Junior League by volunteering as an:
- Assistant Coach
- Team Coordinator
- Social Media/Promotion
Let us know how you would like to be a part of these great programs
Click here to meet Our PGA Professional and Jr. League Staff
Don’t miss out, Sign up Today!
Click here to register for our team today –OR– contact either our of our PGA Jr. League Captains.